Casual Support Workers
Level 2, $36.40 per hour
Kyabra Community Association Inc. is a community-based organisation that is committed to strengthening individual, family and community life.
We are currently seeking supportive, reliable, creative and dedicated support workers to work alongside community members who have a range of differing needs, including people with a disability, mental health and children in care.
Why work for Kyabra?
- Above award wages $36.40 per hour.
- Family friendly work environment.
- A range of practice and professional development opportunities.
- Supportive team environment.
- Flexible work hours.
- A variety of interesting shifts where no day is the same.
- Potential to access salary sacrifice.
- Certificate III in Individual Support/ Disability Support (students studying in a relevant degree such as Human Services, Allied Health, Nursing, Exercise/Sports Science or Social Work may be considered).
- Introduction to Epilepsy training.
- Completed the NDIS Worker Orientation Module.
- Current Australian Driver’s License.
- Roadworthy/registered vehicle and willingness to use to transport participants.
- Blue Card and Yellow Card/NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (we can assist you to apply).
- LCS2 -Working with Children in care (we can assist you to apply).
- First Aid and CPR is mandatory prior to commencing work.
What we are seeking in our Support Workers:
- Flexibility and the ability to work afternoons, weekends and overnight.
- Ability to promote independence and choice.
- Commitment to social justice.
- Willingness to provide assistance with personal care, light domestic duties and meal preparation.
- Willing to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, plus additional shifts if required.
If you love being challenged and seek a personally fulfilling role in an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of others, then this may be the job for you.
To apply for this role, please click on this link. It will take you to our online application portal.
Only applicants that are successful to short-listing stage will be contacted.
Kyabra is an inclusive workplace and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people to apply regardless of age, class, gender, sexual orientation, cultural heritage, ability or disability, or past behaviour.
It is organisational policy that all employees are required to carry a positive notice blue card and consent to any personal or criminal history checks.