Casual Support Workers
Kyabra Community Association Inc. is a community-based organisation that is committed to strengthening individual, family and community life. The organisation is based in Runcorn, however, shifts could be located on the south side of Brisbane including Bayside, Ipswich and Western Suburbs.
We are currently seeking supportive, reliable, highly motivated Support Workers to work alongside community members who have a range of differing needs, including people with a disability, mental health concern and children in care. Shifts range between two hours and nine hours per day with the opportunity for occasional overnight care. They include working in a family or individual’s home or in the community.
- Certificate III in Individual Support/ Disability Support (students studying in a relevant degree such as Human Services, Allied Health or Social Work may be considered).
- Current Australian Driver’s License.
- Roadworthy/registered vehicle and willingness to use to transport participants.
- Blue Card and Yellow Card (we can assist you to apply).
- LCS2 -Working with Children in care (we can assist you to apply).
- First Aid and CPR is mandatory prior to commencing work.
What we are seeking in our Support Workers:
- Fantastic dedicated individuals committed to the best outcomes for the people they support.
- Flexibility and the ability to work afternoons and weekends.
- Ability to promote independence and choice.
- Commitment to social justice.
- Experience in working with people with a disability particularly with complex situations/needs.
- Willingness to provide assistance with personal care, light domestic duties and meal preparation.
- Knowledge of mental health would be an advantage.
- Experience working with people who require alternative forms of feeding (eg. PEG feeding) and experience in the use of hoists for lifting, would be highly valued.
Why work for Kyabra?
- Above award wages (Kyabra Enterprise Agreement 2012 Level 2) - $31.14 per hour.
- Family friendly work environment.
- A range of practice and professional development opportunities.
- Supportive team environment.
- Opportunity to progress to permanent part-time employment
- Flexible work hours.
- A variety of interesting shifts where no day is the same.
- Paid induction training.
If you love being challenged and seek a personally fulfilling role in an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of others, then this may be the job for you.
For more information, refer to the attached position description. Please ensure you address the selection criteria in your covering letter. Only applications that address this criteria will be eligible for short-listing.
Applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00am on Friday 4th May 2018.
Kyabra is an inclusive workplace and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people to apply regardless of age, class, gender, sexual orientation, cultural heritage, ability or disability, or past behaviour.
It is organisational policy that all employees are required to carry a positive notice blue card and consent to any personal or criminal history checks.
From time to time, Kyabra offers opportunities for volunteers to become involved in a number of our services. At the present time we have no volunteer opportunities within our offices in Runcorn.
Kyabra Early Years Place
At present we are accepting applications from people interested in volunteering at our Kyabra Early Years Place.
For more information, please email email@example.com or download an application form here.