Resource Worker - Intake & Assessment (Runcorn)
Fixed Term until 30th June 2020, full-time 38 hours per week
Kyabra Community Association Inc. is a community-based organisation that is committed to strengthening individual, family and community life. We provide strengths-based, integrated responses to people in our community.
Kyabra operates an integrated model and works with individuals, families and carers with sometimes complex issues.
The Intake and Assessment team is responsible for providing a single point of entry for information, assessment and referral to Kyabra services and external services.
The Resource Worker will work within the Intake and Assessment team and, in conjunction with the Manager and other team members, will be responsible for ensuring that the following activities are carried out:
- Initial needs identification and assessment including provision of information to those seeking services and appropriate referral both internally and externally services.
- Single session work, where appropriate.
- Initial assessments of Foster and Kinship Carer applicants.
- Organising out-of-home care placements for children referred by the Department of Communities, Child Safety.
- Housing and Homeless support and advocacy.
- Supporting community members to access a range of Kyabra Community Finance Initiatives.
- Delivery of Community Finance programs.
The position involves initial phone-based intake and assessment, some centre-based and outreach functions and it is expected that this role may work across Kyabra sites in Runcorn and Richlands. Experience in one or more of the following areas is essential; intake and assessment, housing, out of home care NDIS, or community finance programs. Knowledge of client management systems and ability to rapidly learn new systems such as QHIP and/or other databases is highly desirable.
Salary and conditions are in accordance with Kyabra’s Enterprise Agreement 2012, Level 4. We offer a family friendly work environment and a range of practice and professional development opportunities.
All applicants with an interest in working from client centred, strength-based frameworks, who can demonstrate a commitment to the principles of social justice are strongly encouraged to apply. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and a progressive organisation that pursues best practice within a social justice framework.
A Bachelor Degree in Social Work/Human Services or similar is an essential requirement for this role.
For more information, please see the position description attached.
- Only applications that address the selection criteria within the position description will be considered for short-listing.
- Only those applicants that are short-listed to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications close at 9:00am Monday 2nd December 2019.
Applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyabra is an inclusive workplace and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people to apply regardless of age, class, gender, sexual orientation, cultural heritage, ability or disability, or past behaviour.
It is organisational policy that all employees are required to carry a positive notice blue card and consent to any personal or criminal history checks.
From time to time, Kyabra offers opportunities for volunteers to become involved in a number of our services. At the present time we have no volunteer opportunities within our offices in Runcorn.
Kyabra Early Years Place
At present we are accepting applications from people interested in volunteering at our Kyabra Early Years Place.
For more information, please email email@example.com or download an application form here.